How to install Mod/Addon in Minecraft PE?
This format of mods for Minecraft PE allows you to install much faster than ever! Let’s find out how to install a mod for Minecraft PE in .mcpack format:
- Download the mod itself, that is, all the necessary files in the format .mcpack or .mcaddon
- Open the folder with the downloaded files
- Try to open the downloaded mod (just click on the file in the format .mcpack or .mcaddon)
– It often happens that it is not possible to open the mod on the phone. In such a situation, we recommend that you download the File Manager (Google Play)
– Open the File Manager, find the downloaded mod and activate it. It’s simple!
- At this point, the installation of the mod on your phone will begin. You will see a black screen for a while. You will have to wait for the installation to finish.
- Don’t forget to apply the behavior and texture packs you need in the map settings. (How do I do this?)
The second most popular mod format for Minecraft Pocket Edition is the ZIP or RAR format. These are ordinary archives, the installation of which requires a little more time than MCPACK or MCADDON. Let’s go directly to the instructions:
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have installed the latest (or just suitable for modification) version of Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Download the archive with the modification you need. In the example below, you will see the installation sequence of the More Chairs addon.
- For the following steps, you will need a good file explorer with which you can unpack the archive. We recommend using the File Manager (Google Play). All downloaded files can be found in the “Downloads” folder
- With the help of Explorer, you need to unpack the downloaded archive. Unpack the archive using the functions of the File Manager program.
- Open the folder created after unpacking the archive.
- Depending on the changes made by the addon, the archive may have 1 or 2 folders inside. If the mod does not have its own textures, you will see only one folder, but most often you will see 2 folders.
- The next step is copying. Let’s start with the folder [Textures] More Chairs by Genta folder. Select the folder and click Copy.
- Open the following folder: /games/com.mojang/. To do this, you will need a File Manager again. Open the internal storage, the games folder, then the com.mojang folder. Here are the files related to Minecraft PE. What are all these folders used for? Full list:
– behavior_packs – Packages behavior, that is, mods.
– minecraftpe – We do not recommend touching this folder.
– minecraftWorlds – Maps are installed using this folder.
– resource_packs – Textures. Paste all the textures you need into this folder.
- Open the resource_packs folder and paste the copied folder ([Textures] More Chairs by Genta).
- Go back to the Downloads folder and copy the second folder [Behavior pack] More Chairs by Genta in the same way.
- Then go back to the /games/com.mojang/ directory, open the behavior_packs folder and paste the copied folder.
- Launch the Minecraft PE game.
- Open the Game World settings. To do this, create a new world or open a change to an existing one.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings. Open the Texture Settings, select the desired textures and activate them.
- Then open the Behavior Packages settings and activate your mod in the same way.